Kovilpatti Kadalai Mittai
Kadalai Mittai (Groundnut Chikki Candy). Chikki sweet is a traditional Indian sweet (brittle) generally made from peanuts and jaggery. There are several different varieties of chikki in addition to the most common groundnut (peanut) chikki. One of the tastiest candy from Kovilpatti.
Kadalai mittai or peanut candy in english is the most nutritious snack for both kids and elders. As we all know peanut or Kadalai is a very rich source of protein. Any nuts for that matter is rich protein source. But the issue lies in their accumulation of pitham. With more intake of nuts our body pitham will start increasing which leads to imbalance in our body and cause various diseases.
As jaggery or vellam (in tamil) can suppress the pitham kadalai mittai becomes a perfect protein source with no side effects.
Kadalaimittai or peanut candy from Tamilnadu are made of kadalai (peanut) and Jaggery.
So with this combination, Kadalai Mittai becomes a candy with high Protein, Iron and Selenium content.
- Crunchy and Tasty Indian Snack
- It is a combination of peanuts and palm jaggery
- Palm jaggery peanut candy is a rare and very nutritious snack because it is made of only two ingredients peanuts and palm jaggery
- Palm jaggery peanut candy is a double health delight, packing taste and energy
- Peanuts are a great source of fats, proteins, vitamins with the lowest carbohydrate value among all edible nuts